The COVID-19 Migrant Monitor is an urgent action campaign providing timely and appropriate information relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact on migrants.
Constituting the COVID-19 Migrant Monitor are:
- information about travel restrictions as well as policy actions of governments in response to the outbreak and how migrants figure in these policies;
- updates on initiatives of migrant organizations, advocates and service providers to migrants;
- surveys for specific migrant communities; and
- helpful links about the COVID-19.
For this campaign, the Asia Pacific Mission for Migrants (APMM) works in close coordination with:
- Migrants Alliance (IMA),a global formation of grassroots migrant organisations and advocates in 35 countries from Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and North America.
- Alliance of Marriage Migrants Organizations for Rights and Empowerment(AMMORE), an organization of immigrant women and marriage migrants in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines.
- Interfaith Network for the Rights of Migrants(INFORM), a network of faith-based organisations that have services to migrants in crisis or are actively advocating for the rights of migrants in various levels.
A Facebook page has also been set up to gather and post updates on the COVID-19 in relation to migrants. You may visit it here
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org